Unlike a Ph.D. in occupational therapy, the PP-OTD degree has a clinical or practice focus and requires much less of a time commitment.
- The Occupational Therapy degree at Chatham University can be completed in just 16 months. Students take two classes at a time, allowing them to continue working and balancing life commitments while effectively engaging in new learning.
- Each student will complete a capstone project that includes the design and implementation of an intervention where they work, or may extend into the community or an emerging practice area.
- The online learning experience is enhanced with two short, required residencies at Chatham University in Pittsburgh.
- The first is three days and occurs at the end of the first term. This experience includes a leadership course plus a preview of capstone presentations.
- The second is two days and occurs at the end of the last term. Here, students deliver their capstone presentation.
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 109 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Free, online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly from the institutions to Chatham University via email or postal mail
- Current resume
- Copy of OT license
- Admissions Essay
International22882 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1017 USD per credit during 16 months.
National22882 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1017 USD per credit during 16 months.
Living costs for Pittsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.