The Mechanical Engineering graduate program in the College of Engineering from The University of Iowa emphasizes in-depth learning and research.
In collaboration with faculty across campus, the faculty are currently researching a diverse range of topics within the field. For more information, see the Department of Mechanical Engineering website.
- Engineering Career Services develops and promotes experiential education and professional opportunities for students in the College of Engineering.
- Professional staff coordinate the college's co-op and internship program, engage in employer outreach, and provide opportunities for students to network with employers, including an engineering career fair each semester and other programming related to career development.
- The Doctor of Philosophy program in mechanical engineering requires 72 s.h. of graduate credit, including a minimum of 42 s.h. in mechanical engineering courses (prefix ME) with at least 12 s.h. selected from courses numbered ME:6000 or above.
- Students also must complete a minimum of 12 s.h. in thesis research in ME:7299 Research: Mechanical Engineering Ph.D. Dissertation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 35 other PhDs in Mechanical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile in MyUI, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
International30853 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30853 USD per year during 24 months.
National30853 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30853 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11906 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11906 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.