Biblical Studies from University of Johannesburg is a research programme, comprising predominantly theoretical work, and normally does not require work-based learning or vocational training.
Students at Biblical Studies from University of Johannesburg will:
- gain substantial and explicit skills components.
- succeed in the workplace,
- get an intense, stimulating, challenging and supportive experience
- Hebrew Bible in Historical Critical Perspective
- Hebrew Scripture Theology
- The New Testament in its Graeco-Roman Context
- Science and Scripture.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Master’s Degree in Biblical Studies or an equivalent qualification is a prerequisite, as well as the general University entrance requirements for the Doctoral programme. Greek or Hebrew up to second-year level may be required depending on the field of study and research.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 36 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 36 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.