Communication Studies from University of Johannesburg aims to explore a wide range of forms of human communication from a variety of perspectives that connect the local and the global and are rooted in African contexts and experiences. The focus of the dissertation is based on the proposal submitted by the student and decided upon jointly with the supervisor(s)
Students at Communication Studies from University of Johannesburg will:
- develop and expand intellectual capabilities, social capacities and practical skills
- investigate, interpret, discuss, problematize and creatively as well as cooperatively engage with communicative practices.
- Ethnic Studies
- Great Plains Studies
- Women's and Gender Studies
- Interpersonal and Family Communication
- Organizational Communication.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 36 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 36 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.