At French from University of Johannesburg students are encouraged to collaborate with us in our fields of expertise, i.e. the Contemporary French Novel, Autobiography; Contemporary French Theatre and Francophone Literature in order develop their capacities for research and critical thought. The French Department’s Doctoral Degree is designed for dedicated researchers and mainly consists of a dissertation.
Students at French from University of Johannesburg will:
- gain substantial and explicit skills components.
- succeed in the workplace,
- get an intense, stimulating, challenging and supportive experience
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medieval and Early Modern Literature
- Seminar in French Literature
- Contemporary France.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 3 other Masters in Literature in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission requirement for a Doctoral Degree is a Master’s Degree in French.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 797 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1065 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.