Social Work from University of Johannesburg entails a substantial piece of independent research that contributes something new to theory or practice in the field of social work.
Students at Social Work from University of Johannesburg will:
- become experts in a particular facet of social work.
- gain knowledge in clinical social work, community development, developmental research, ecometrics, gender-based violence management, occupational social work, poverty, resilience, social development.
- Thesis project
- Social policy,
- Social security
- Youth transitions
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 8 other PhDs in Health Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order for a student to gain entrance into the programme, they must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work and an average mark of at least 65% for their Master’s Degree.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 36 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 36 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.