Education is enhanced by close association with the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, one of the nation’s largest university-owned teaching hospitals. Students work closely with a faculty which includes expert clinicians and internationally renowned scientists.
- Evidence-based practice is the curriculum’s focus. Our goal is to foster the development of problem solving and clinical reasoning skills of the students so they are ready to provide excellent patient care and assume the responsibilities and diverse roles and obligations of a professional physical therapist.
- Our program at The University of Iowa consistently ranks among the top Physical Therapy programs in the United States. We are proud of the tradition of excellence that has been established here since the program’s inception in 1942.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Anatomy
- Functional Neuroanatomy
- Musculoskeletal Therapeutics
- Cardiopulmonary Therapeutics
- Applied Clinical Medicine
- Selected Topics in Physical Therapy Practice
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 21 other PhDs in Physiotherapy in United States
- Online application
- Official transcript(s)
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) report from the Educational Testing Service
- Three letters of reference
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.