Doctor of Laws from University of Johannesburg purpose of this qualification is to let students demonstrate an ability to make an own, distinctive and novel contribution to the corpus of knowledge on a particular subject of legal study.
Students at Doctor of Laws from University of Johannesburg will gain knowledge in:
- Administrative Law
- Civil Procedural Law
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedural Law
- Human Rights
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Indigenous Law
- International Law
- Interpretation of Statutes
- Law of Evidence
- Mercantile Law
- Private International Law
- Private Law
- Roman Law
- Social Security Law
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Legal Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An LLB and an LLM Degree with an overall average mark of at least 65%, an approved title as well as an accepted proposal.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.