The Doctor of Psychology in Counseling Psychology program invites applications from Chatham University students holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, or a related field. The PsyD is a full-time program, admitting students each fall.
Our program is distinguished by:
- The practice of counseling grounded in the science of psychology
- Emphasis on promoting sustainable health and well-being
- Focus on clients' assets and strengths
- Strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and social justice
- Access to a broad range of training opportunities
Chatham University's Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology program is committed to developing entry level health service psychologists who are capable of practicing ethically and capably within the bounds of their competence.
- Foundations of Counseling Psychology
- Applied Biological Psychology
- Statistics and Research Methods
- Psychology of Culture and Identity
- Vocational/Career Counseling
- Human Development across the Life Span
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 113 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
Applicants to the PsyD program must submit the following information to the Office of Admissions for review:
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Official GRE test scores (General test only) - Chatham Code 2081
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation from previous faculty or employers
- Admissions essay - Provide three to five double spaced pages or 750-1,250 words on what has led you to pursue doctoral study in psychology and how do you hope this study will shape your future, and describe your thoughts about how change occurs in people and what the change process involves.
International20357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 958 USD per credit during 48 months.
National20357 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 958 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Pittsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.