We offer a phd degree in Spanish at The University of Iowa. The literatures/cultures track trains students in textual analysis and literary history, criticism, and theory.
- The linguistics track provides training in linguistic analysis and theory. All courses taken to fulfill the semester hour requirement for the degree must be taken on a graded basis; no graduate credit is awarded for a grade lower than C-minus.
- To remain in good standing in the Graduate College, students must maintain a cumulative g.p.a. of at least 3.00.
- Spanish Phonology
- Spanish Syntax
- Topics in Spanish Language Acquisition
- Topics in Comparative Romance Linguistics
- Articulatory and Acoustic Phonetics
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 41 other PhDs in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation. A few programs require materials be sent directly to them. However, almost all supplemental material can and should be uploaded from your Admissions Profile in MyUI, our online service center for applicants and students. You can only access this AFTER you have submitted your application.
International30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30612 USD per year
National30612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30612 USD per year
In-State11665 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11665 USD per year
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.