Biodiversity and Conservation from University of Johannesburg demands a very high level of intellectual, theoretical and practical specialized science knowledge and insight into problems related to the field of study and of the application of advanced experimental methods and techniques of the modern research, as well as of fundamental scientific and academic values in generating, processing, interpreting and presenting research data orally and in written form.
Students at Biodiversity and Conservation from University of Johannesburg will:
- gain in-depth understanding in the field of specialisation.
- integrated knowledge of advanced applicable theory in the field of specialisation.
- Conservation in Practice
- Field Ecology Skills
- Frontiers in Biodiversity
- Quantitative & Spatial Analysis
- Research Project.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Ecology Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R 9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.