It is expected that graduates from Physics program at University of Miami, will be capable of conducting independent research, solving complex problems, communicating scientific results in both written and spoken form, and critically assessing the scientific literature.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate a rigorous grounding in classical and modern physics theory, the associated mathematical methods and their applications.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to conduct independent research, incorporating the ability to critically analyze and address a fundamental problem in their chosen field.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate research findings effectively
- Classical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics and Modern Physics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Quantum Theory
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 54 other PhDs in Physics in United States
- Statement of purpose.
- Original academic transcripts (by mail, posted to the Director of Graduate Studies)
- GRE general test scores
- Applicants must rank in the 65% percentile or higher in the Quantitative Reasoning test. There is no minimal score requirement for the other parts of the GRE.
- Students from non-English speaking countries must send either TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- For international students: this form for financial responsibility (required by the US government)
- Optional: For Ph.D. applications, this form to apply for an assistantship.
International26040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 60 months.
National26040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.