The Communication program from University of Miami, allows learning across content and creative areas, methodological orientations, and platforms of expression for engaged scholarship and immersive experience, globally and locally. You will engage with communication theory, research, and practice using advocacy and storytelling, with particular attention to new and social media for social and behavioral change.
This will be your niche: conducting research, engaging in immersive experience, and translating these into evaluation-based practice for the well being of community, society and the world.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of communication theory, research methods, and their areas of specialization.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to propose and implement original research and present and defend the research in academic and professional contexts. They will demonstrate effective written communication, oral communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to teach undergraduate communication courses independently.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of Communication
- Methods of Communication Research
- Qualitative Research Methodologies
- Advanced Communication Research Methods and Statistics
- Special Topics in Communication
- Directed Readings
- Independent Research
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We cannot guarantee that international applications submitted after June 15 will be processed due to time limitations.
DisciplinesJournalism Digital Communication View 3 other Masters in Journalism in United States
The following educational documents are required for admission into a graduate program in the School of Communication:
- a) Official original diplomas and certificates in the original language, and
- b) Official original transcripts in the original language (names of courses, grades, and hours of instruction) for every year of study.
- Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by professional, certified English translations. Translations supplement, but do not replace, the official documents.
International2170 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during .
National2170 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during .
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.