The program is firmly committed to the foundational values of the discipline of counseling psychology, including its emphasis on prevention, optimal human development, and the promotion of individual, family, and community well-being. The program strives to prepare students who will make a difference in the world through research, scholarship, and reflective practice. The mission of the program from University of Miami is to nurture the development of Counseling Psychology graduate students and faculty as reflective researchers and scientist-practitioners committed to promoting psychological well-being in a multicultural complex world.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of scientific knowledge in psychology and will be able to critically evaluate and conduct research relevant to the practice of counseling psychology.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to engage in competent clinical practice as scientist-practitioners.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to engage in ethical behavior and will be responsive to issues of diversity in multiple contexts.
- Professional, Legal and Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Therapeutic Group Procedures
- Counseling Process and Practice
- Lifespan Human Development
- Practicum Laboratory
- Quantitative Methods
- Counseling Psychology: Theory, Research and Practice
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 37 other PhDs in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- achieve acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the past five years. International applicants whose native language is not English or applicants whose degrees are from a non-U.S. University must pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) and the GRE;
- provide official transcripts showing completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and an acceptable undergraduate grade point average.
- provide three letters of recommendation that address the issues and meet the criteria established by the program being applied to;
- provide a personal statement that addresses the mission and purpose of the program being applied to;
- take part in an admissions interview (required by some programs);
International30380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 72 months.
National30380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 72 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.