Available as an option to applicants from varied backgrounds, such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, biological sciences, and medicine.
The core curriculum consists of 15 hours of biomedical engineering courses, 3 credit hours of statistics, and 30 credit hours of electives.
The Biomedical Engineering program at Louisiana Tech University is designed such that students will
- Demonstrate command of advanced engineering principles and their applications in medicine and biology;
- Understand the research process and demonstrate capability to conduct independent research;
- Disseminate their research findings to the broader scientific community;
- Develop a sense of professional ethics, responsibility, and service.
- Systems Physiology
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Physiological Modeling
- Theory of Probability
- Oral Comprehensive Exam
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Bioinformatics View 44 other PhDs in Bioinformatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Living costs for Ruston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.