Outside of class, students have opportunities to gain hands-on experience through involvement on various research and applied project teams with faculty supervision through our Applied Research for Organizational Solutions (AROS) group.
- The Ph.D. program at Louisiana Tech University involves rigorous preparation in psychological foundations, research methods/statistical analysis, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, and successful completion and defense of a dissertation involving original research.
- The program generally requires three to four years of full-time study post-baccalaureate. The actual amount of time needed varies depending on student prior preparation (a limited amount of credit may be requested for prior graduate work) and progress in the program. Most students accepted into the program receive a graduate assistantship with a stipend.
- The I/O Psychology Doctoral Program is committed to diversity and embeds this initiative throughout the program curricula. The I/O Program strives to produce culturally competent professionals who are advocates for social justice and well equipped to meet the needs of a diverse clientele.
- Furthermore, the program strives to provide a supportive and encouraging learning environment for the training of diverse individuals and providing opportunities in diverse settings for a broad spectrum of individuals. The program avoids any restrictions that are irrelevant to success in graduate training.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 116 other PhDs in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A completed Graduate School online application, an Assistantship Application form, and payment of the required non-refundable application fee.
- Officially reported scores on at least the Verbal (V) and Quantitative (Q) Graduate Record Examination scores, which must have been taken within five (5) years prior to the completed application.
- Official transcripts of all college or university coursework (send to the University Registrar).
- Three letters of reference from individuals who can attest to the applicant’s fitness and level of commitment.
- A statement of purpose outlining the your reasons for wanting to pursue Ph.D. training in I-O Psychology (upload to your online application).
- An email to the training director confirming that the application is complete.
- Applicants making the shortlist will be invited to take part in an Interview Day on the Louisiana Tech campus. Those unable to attend will be offered the option of a telephone interview.
Living costs for Ruston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.