Doctoral students selecting this Special Education (SPED) specialization at University of Miami, are expected to develop expertise in a wide variety of methods appropriate to research in special education through coursework, seminars, and research assistantships. Students are encouraged to gain college-level teaching experience, to seek involvement in school and community projects, and to collaborate with graduate students and faculty both within the School of Education and Human Development and across other UM Schools and Colleges.
Our Students’ Career Objectives
- Tenure track or clinical faculty positions in Schools of Education at universities or colleges, especially Research I universities
- Teacher educators in higher education institutions:
- Research positions in educational research organizations
- State or district program or curriculum specialists
- Leadership and/or development positions in public non-profits
- Research and development positions in for-profit educational enterprises
- Cognitive Psychology In Special Education
- Disability And Diversity: Critical Views
- Current Issues In Special Education
- Research in Special Education
- Seminar in Reading and Learning Disabilities
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 179 other PhDs in Education in United States
- Send Official Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Send Official GRE Scores
- Complete the Essay
- Send CV or Resume
- TOEFL (if applicable) scores from ETS
- Transcripts and test scores are NOT considered as official if provided by, or received via the applicant.
- A copy of passport.
- Copy of diploma with English translation for degrees earned outside of the United States
- Official / original transcripts with English translation.
International43400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 36 months.
National43400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.