PhD students conduct research at the Department of Biomedical Engineering and at clinical departments and research centers at the School of Medicine, including the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, the Diabetes Research Institute, the University of Miami Ear Institute, Biomedical Nanotechnology Institute, the Departments of Pathology, Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Otolaryngology, and Surgery, and the Miami Veterans Administration Research Service. Many of our doctoral students work closely with physicians to develop and investigate new therapies, devices, and technologies that address real-world clinical problems.
Student Biomedical Engineering Learning Outcomes
- Advanced ability to apply knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering to formulate and solve relevant biomedical engineering problems and conduct research.
- An ability to communicate the scientific and technical research effectively in writing and oral presentations.
- Ability to conduct independent research and contribute to existing knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biochemistry and Cellular Physiology for Engineers
- Human Physiology for Engineers
- Neurophysiology for Engineers
- Graduate Scholarship in Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering Seminar Series
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Bioinformatics View 36 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Official original diplomas and certificates in the original language
- Official original transcripts in the original language (names of courses, grades, and hours of instruction) for every year of study.
- Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by professional, certified English translations. Translations supplement, but do not replace, the official documents.
International2170 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 60 months.
National2170 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.