The mission of the graduate program is to prepare students to become knowledgeable and skilled engineers and researchers with an understanding of the ethical and other professional aspects of mechanical engineering.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students on the Mechanical Engineering program from University of Miami, will demonstrate competence in the theoretical and practical knowledge of mechanical engineering.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively the scientific and technical research in writing and oral presentations.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to conduct independent research and contribute to existing knowledge.
- Methods of Analysis
- Mechanics of Solids
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Control and dynamics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
For students with a M.S. degree in Engineering:
- Minimum 18 credits of course work + 12 credits of dissertation.
- Minimum 36 credits of course work + 12 credits (or more) of dissertation.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics View 124 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Official original diplomas and certificates in the original language
- Official original transcripts in the original language (names of courses, grades, and hours of instruction) for every year of study.
- Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by professional, certified English translations. Translations supplement, but do not replace, the official documents.
International26040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 36 months.
National26040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.