- The programme´s requirements correspond to the Doctoral Programme requirements as defined by the Rules of Study at the University of Cyprus, and are divided into three parts (total 240 ECTS).
- The subjects required for the first part of the programme represent 60 ECTS (i.e., 6-10 courses). Three of these courses are foundation courses in the specific field the student has decided to focus on. Depending on previous academic preparation (e.g., successful completion of relevant postgraduate courses in another academic institution), the student may be partially or fully exempted from the above courses. Upon completion of this first part of the programme, the student must successfully sit a comprehensive exam.
- The second part of the programme relates to the manner of conducting the research, focusing on issues related to Management (this part represents 120 ECTS).
- The third part, the writing stage of the dissertation, is credited with 60 ECTS. This could take the form of a comprehensive study (thesis) or a series of essays on a specific research area. The thesis must be an original work that makes a significant contribution to the field. The aim is to produce research results that are publishable in refereed international journals.
- The programme includes courses of quantitative and qualitative content, which touch on matters of epistemology, methodology, methods of quantitative analysis and qualitative research, finance, management, management science, operations management and marketing. The curriculum for each student is adjusted according to his/her chosen field of concentration. The courses offered are the following:
- Epistemology in Business Administration
- Research Methods in Business I (Quantitative Methods)
- Research Methods in Management II (Qualitative Methods)
- Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Theory
- Strategic Management
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Service Management
- Applied Optimization Modelling
- Planning under Uncertainty
- Strategic Marketing
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration View 5 other PhDs in Business Administration in Cyprus
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a postgraduate, Master-level qualification in a relevant subject from a recognized university.
- Prepare and submit a preliminary research proposal that outlines the proposed research topic.
- Students must also provide complete degree transcripts for their Master level and undergraduate study
- Request that at least two academic references in support of their application are sent to University of Cyprus.
- Submit certificates and other relevant documents, e.g., samples of prior academic and / or professional experience.
- Submit evidence of very good knowledge of the English language.
International1333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA1333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
- PhD students holders of master's degrees: Total fees €4.000.
- PhD students non-holders of master's degrees: Total fees €6.500.
Living costs for Nicosia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.