The Department of Atmospheric Sciences (ATM), started in 2016, seeks to advance knowledge and understanding of the physical, chemical, and dynamical processes that determine our weather, our climate, and their interactions with the oceans and the continents.
The goal of the Atmospheric Sciences program from University of Miami is to train graduate students and young scientists to be leaders in the atmospheric sciences and related fields.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate advanced knowledge of atmospheric science and how scientific research in their topical areas relates to societal issues.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct high- quality research in atmospheric sciences as evidenced by their dissertation research.
- Students will demonstrate oral and written communication skills commensurate with employment as a research scientist or equivalent professional level scientist.
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Atmospheric Dynamics
- Atmospheric Physics
- Doctoral Dissertation
- Research Ethics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 9 other PhDs in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
- The application will ask you to identify up to 5 faculty with whom you are interested in. See above statement for more details on this.
- Upload PDF of Statement of Purpose identifying your goals and objectives in pursuing a graduate degree. If you have already identified RSMAS faculty you are interested in, please be sure to include this information here as well.
- Upload PDF of unofficial transcripts (for review purposes only). See below statement on transcripts for more details on this.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons well situated to evaluate your qualifications for graduate study. The online application will ask you to enter your recommender's email addresses for the RSMAS recommendation letter form to be sent to them.
- Non-refundable application fee ($85).
International32550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 48 months.
National32550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2170 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.