To provide Medicine - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (PIBS) students at the University of Miami with:
- Training in discovery research and state-of-the art biomedical technologies by fostering unique and innovative research and collaborative interdisciplinary interactions among scientists of diverse backgrounds;
- An understanding of fundamental concepts in BMB and training to formulate and conduct original research;
- An ability to communicate research within the broad field of BMB as well as the community
- Training to become independent investigators.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate an overall knowledge and understanding of the core concepts in biochemistry and molecular biology, including the essential skills to conduct research in biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills, the capability to develop hypotheses, and the ability to evaluate their hypotheses, paying attention to responsible conduct of research as appropriate.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to write effective scientific reports and to present scientific results orally.
- Journal Club
- Biomedical Sciences
- Scientific Reasoning
- Biostatistics for the Biosciences
- Laboratory Research
- Research Ethics
- Professional Development: Skills for Success I
- Professional Development: Skills for Success II
- Research Journal Club
- Biochemical Science Seminar
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 109 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Academic Transcripts
- GRE General Test
- English Proficiency Exam (non-native speakers)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume / CV
- Excellent academic record
- Research experience in a laboratory setting
- Publications of abstract and / or papers
- Co-authorship in a peer-reviewed journal is recommended
- Strong letters of recommendation from research scientists who know the candidate well
- Motivation to pursue state-of-the-art biomedical research
- Applicants to biomedical programs should have a bachelor degree in a biological or related discipline (e.g., psychology, chemistry, engineering, physics)
International64960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 24 months.
National64960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.