After the successful completion of the Medicine - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Executive Plan) program at the University of Miami, individuals will have a unique perspective on fundamental biochemical problems, resulting in more career options and increasing the likelihood that they will make important contributions to scientific progress and society.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate an overall knowledge and understanding of the core concepts in biochemistry and molecular biology, including the essential skills to conduct research in biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills, the capability to develop hypotheses, and the ability to evaluate their hypotheses, paying attention to responsible conduct of research as appropriate.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to write effective scientific reports and to present scientific results orally.
- Research Journal Club
- Advanced Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Advanced Topics in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Molecular Genetics
- Structural Biology and Applications to Drug Discovery
- Fundamentals of Epigenetics
- Research Credits
- Doctoral Dissertation
- Doctoral Dissertation- Post Candidacy
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biochemistry View 38 other PhDs in Biomedicine in United States
- Applicants to biomedical programs should have a bachelor degree in a biological or related discipline (e.g., psychology, chemistry, engineering, physics).
- Excellent academic record
- Competitive GRE exam scores
- Research experience in a laboratory setting
- Publications of abstract and / or papers
- Co-authorship in a peer-reviewed journal is recommended
- Strong letters of recommendation from research scientists who know the candidate well
- Motivation to pursue state-of-the-art biomedical research
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Academic Transcripts
- English Proficiency Exam (non-native speakers)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume / CV
International64960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 24 months.
National64960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.