Key facts about the Biomedical Sciences - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology programme at the University of Miami:
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB) are sciences at the epicenter of modern biomedical research. Understanding basic biochemical pathways is key to gaining new knowledge for the prevention and combating of disease, allowing for the expansion of current boundaries in medicine and science. In addition to medical applications, molecular biology is indispensable for the development of tools implemented for environmental and bionanotechnology problems.
- Our expertise in RNA biology, understanding DNA stability and repair, the biophysical nature of biomolecules, and gaining insight into cellular signaling pathways has been recently expanded by the arrival of researchers specialized in the design of natural and semi-synthetic biomolecules, as well as molecular-based devices that can be employed in translational medicine and other bionanotechnology applications.
Key Areas of Research
- Bionanotechnology & Molecular Diagnostics
- Cellular Stress Responses
- Drug Delivery
- Environmental Health & Toxicology
- Molecular Biology of Cancer
- Molecular Biology of RNA, DNA & Epigenetic Modifiers
- Molecular Neuroscience of the Brain
- Nutritional Biochemistry & Metabolism
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 109 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
- Applicants to biomedical programs should have a bachelor degree in a biological or related discipline (e.g., psychology, chemistry, engineering, physics)
- Excellent academic record
- Competitive GRE exam scores
- Research experience in a laboratory setting
- Publications of abstract and / or papers
- Co-authorship in a peer-reviewed journal is recommended
- Strong letters of recommendation from research scientists who know the candidate well
- Motivation to pursue state-of-the-art biomedical research
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Academic Transcripts
- English Proficiency Exam (non-native speakers)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume / CV
International73080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 60 months.
National73080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.