- Active research in immunology includes the areas of cytotoxicity, programmed cell death, cytokine receptor signaling, clinical and experimental bone marrow transplantation, stem cell biology, gene therapy for cancer treatment, antigen recognition, cell differentiation and communication, aging of the immune system, interleukins, genetic control of immunoglobulin production, gene activation and evolution of the immune response. Research in other areas includes molecular biology of virus-host interaction in both animal and human systems, control and regulation of bacterial pathogenesis, selective tumor chemotherapy and radiation therapy and therapy of parasitic infections.
- We actively collaborate with the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Diabetes Research Institute. These interactions help to foster translating our discoveries in the laboratory to directly benefitting patients with cancer and type 1 diabetes. Our efforts to translate our discoveries to the clinic are also shown in our large portfolio of licensing agreements and start-up companies.
- The Biomedical Sciences - Microbiology and Immunology programme is offered at the University of Miami.
Programme StructureKey Areas of Research:
- Antibiotic Resistance of Bacteria
- Antigen-specific Immune Tolerance
- Cancer Immunotherapy
- Cellular & Molecular Immunology
- HIV / AIDS
- Microbial Genetics
- Pathogenic Bacteriology
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Microbiology Immunology View 45 other PhDs in Biomedicine in United States
- Applicants to biomedical programs should have a bachelor degree in a biological or related discipline (e.g., psychology, chemistry, engineering, physics)
- Excellent academic record
- Competitive GRE exam scores
- Research experience in a laboratory setting
- Publications of abstract and / or papers
- Co-authorship in a peer-reviewed journal is recommended
- Strong letters of recommendation from research scientists who know the candidate well
- Motivation to pursue state-of-the-art biomedical research
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Official Academic Transcripts
- GRE General Test
- English Proficiency Exam (non-native speakers)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume / CV
International73080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 60 months.
National73080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2030 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.