To accomplish this, students are required to complete coursework and structured experiences in “Teaching and Faculty Leadership” and “Research.”
- Students develop expertise in a specific area of concentration under the guidance of their faculty mentor by developing an individual plan of study that may include both coursework and independent study and by completing their dissertation research.
- Prior to admission to the PhD in Physical Therapy program from University of Miami, prospective students are required to identify a faculty member with research interests compatible with those of the applicant.
- Role of Academic Faculty in PT
- Instructional Methods in Physical Therapy Education
- Teaching Practicum
- Theoretical Models in Physical Therapy
- Clinical Research Methods
- Applied Statistics in Physical Therapy
- Research Practicum
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 21 other PhDs in Physiotherapy in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Every PhD student must take a written qualifying examination at the time that the student and the Chair of the student’s Supervisory Committee deem appropriate. Students can sit for the qualifying examination when they have completed their research practicum and all courses with the exception of an elective.
- The student must have a 3.0 GPA for all courses taken in the PhD program. The qualifying examination includes questions in four content areas: 1) Area of Concentration, 2) Teaching and Leadership, 3) Research, 4) Dissertation Specific Content.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.