- Prevention Science and Community Health students at the University of Miami will be trained in both traditional and innovative areas of prevention science. These include etiology, intervention design and evaluation, innovative data collection and analyses, and implementation science.
- The Prevention Science program offers students the unique opportunity to interact with faculty who specialize in all stages of the intervention development and evaluation process, as well as in various methodologies such as community-based participatory research and mixed-methods research. Program faculty are experts in cultural diversity and health disparities. They are focused on acculturation; cultural predictors of health disparities; and efficacious methods, strategies, and programs for reducing health disparities locally, nationally, and internationally. Key research areas include: substance use, HIV, cancer, diabetes, obesity, delinquency and depression.
- Clinical Trials
- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Community Well-being and Change: Theory and Practice
- Determinants of Health and Health Disparities Across the Life Course
- Health Equity
- Community-based Participatory Research
- Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 142 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
- The most competitive UM applicants have a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in a related field
- Complete the online application
- Official Transcripts
- Send official Test Scores: Test scores will only be accepted if they are submitted directly from the testing agency
- Complete the School Report
- Letter(s) or Recommendation
- Conduct updates, if applicable
- Special Programs may ask for additional requirements like a portfolio or/and schedule and audition
- If applicable, submit your financial aid documents
- For international students only: Submit official test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 48 months.
National39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.