Students must complete the coursework as specified in the Plan of Study for the specific track under which they were admitted and as listed in the Academic Bulletin and the Student Handbook.
Students in the Nursing Science - BSN-to-PhD program from University of Miami must also successfully complete the courses in each semester to progress to the next.
To receive the BSN-to-DNP, students must:
- Complete all course work as required with an overall GPA of 3.0 or better
- Complete all required clinical and practice immersion hours
- Successfully complete the DNP scholarly project before graduation
- Successfully complete annual benchmark exams, before progressing into next phase of the program
- Successfully pass the DNP comprehensive examination, which is an integrative experience to demonstrate students’ mastery of the outcome objectives of the program
- Pass a comprehensive clinical nurse anesthesia oral board examination
Four tracks are offered within the BSN to DNP program:
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Acute Care
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Geriatric Primary Care
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, preferably in nursing, from regionally-accredited institutions
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees
- Introductory statistics course
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from individuals with doctorates in nursing
- Statement of professional goals
- Current CV/resume
- Current, unrestricted RN license to practice nursing in the State of Florida or the state/territory of current practice
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers certification
- National certification in a nursing specialty
- Documentation of clinical hours in Master’s course of study (download form)
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.