Students in the Nursing Science program from University of Miami must complete the coursework as specified in the Plan of Study for the specific track under which they were admitted and as listed in the Academic Bulletin and the Student Handbook.
- Students must also successfully complete the courses in each semester to progress to the next. Questions related to degree requirements should be directed to the appropriate Associate Dean or Program Director, or staff member in the OSS.
- To receive the PhD degree, the candidate must meet all the general requirements for the PhD degree with respect to course work, residency, the qualifying examination, 12 credit hours of dissertation, and successful defense of the dissertation.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nursing Epistemology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Symptom Science in Nursing
- Qualitative Methods in Research
- Applied Statistics: Generalized Linear and General Estimating Equations
- Applied Statistics: Structural Equation Modeling and Hierarchical Linear Modeling
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The completed application form
- Official transcripts of all college work, both undergraduate and graduate. Domestic or international applicants that have academic credits from or attended an international institution must have their educational credentials earned outside the United States verified by an approved international credentialing evaluation service.
- English Language Testing System (IELTS) in addition to any other required entrance examinations (e.g. GRE/GMAT). The TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for 2 years after the test date.
- Letters of recommendation
- Other requirements, such as standardized entrance exams (e.g. GRE or GMAT)
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.