- In addition to the engineering education core curriculum, we emphasize the training of scientific managements and human factors. We also encourage students to combine skills of industrial engineering and other programs, such as quantitative finance, E-commerce, etc. Our goal is to cultivate our students with innovative thinking and the skills to plan and make decisions.
- Currently, the department's graduate programs include: Information and Operations Research, e-Business and Operations Management, Human Factors and Safety Management, Engineering Management, and Health and Medical Care System Management.
- The IEEM PhD degree program is conferred upon demonstration of high achievement in independent research and profession in industrial engineering and engineering management.
- Industrial engineering is about choices. Other engineering disciplines apply skills to very specific areas. IE gives practitioners the opportunity to work in a variety of businesses.Many practitioners say that an industrial engineering education offers the best of both worlds: an education in both engineering and business.
- The most distinctive aspect of industrial engineering is the flexibility it offers. Whether it’s shortening a rollercoaster line, streamlining an operating room, distributing products worldwide, or manufacturing superior automobiles, these challenges share the common goal of saving companies money and increasing efficiencies.
- As companies adopt management philosophies of continuous productivity and quality improvement to survive in the increasingly competitive world market, the need for industrial engineers is growing. Why? Industrial engineers are the only engineering professionals trained specifically to be productivity and quality improvement specialists.
- Industrial engineers figure out how to do things better. They engineer processes and systems that improve quality and productivity. They work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, energy and other commodities. This is why many industrial engineers end up being promoted into management positions.
- Many people are misled by the term industrial engineer. It’s not just about manufacturing. It also encompasses service industries, with many IEs employed in entertainment industries, shipping and logistics businesses, and health care organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Programming
- Production and Operations Management
- Human Informaiton Processing
- Manufacturing Systems and Automation.
For more information, please visit the programme website.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Undergraduate Admission: November 15 - January 15 17:00pm (Taiwan Time)
- Graduate Admission: January 1 - March 15 17:00pm (Taiwan Time).
- For Ph.D. degree students, the required courses and credits for department are 30 and a dissertation.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must provide a photocopy of their master degree diploma
- Official academic transcripts
- Two recommendation letters
- Study plan in English
- English proficiency test result
- Application fee NT$1,300
- Financial certificate - minimum US$ 4,000
- Declaration form
- Verification of nationality
- Program specific requirements.
International2256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1128 USD per semester and a duration of .
National2256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1128 USD per semester and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.