At Energy Studies from University of Johannesburg students will elaborate a thesis on a suitable subject, chosen after consultation with the Programme Co-ordinator for Energy Studies, is required for the Doctor’s Degree. The Degree conferred will be the PhD (Energy Studies). General rules of admission, as set out by the Faculty of Science and the University, apply.
Careers that can be followed include location analyst, town planner, geo-information specialist, informatics specialist, environmental rehabilitation manager, tourism planner, population development official, environmental planner, traffic planner, environmental auditor, environmental impact analyst, resource assessor, geomorphologist, etc.
- Natural Resources Sectors
- Project Report or Internship
- Energy Economics: The Issues
- Energy Economics: The Tool
- Quantitative Methods for Energy Economists.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Master’s in Energy Studies, although a student with a Master’s Degree in a related subject, and with appropriate experience in the energy industry, may be considered for admission.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R 9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.