Environmental Management from University of Johannesburg teaches you to identify and analyze global, national and local spatial and environmental problems, which affect our current and future daily existence on earth.
Careers that can be followed include location analyst, town planner, geo-information specialist, informatics specialist, environmental rehabilitation manager, tourism planner, population development official, environmental planner, traffic planner, environmental auditor, environmental impact analyst, resource assessor, geomorphologist, etc.
- Principles of Environmental Management
- Waste, Energy and Pollution Management
- Environment and Society: Global Perspectives on Policy and Practice
- Professional Practice for Environmental Management
- Ecosystem Management
- Applied Geomorphology.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For admission to the PhD in Environmental Management a Master’s Degree in Environmental Management is required, although as a result of the interfaculty nature of Environmental Management, another relevant and equivalent Master’s qualification will also be considered.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R 9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.