Informatics from University of Johannesburg entails the application of computer and information technology to assist humans with different aspects of their daily living.
Computer & Information Technology forms the backbone of modern technology. Job opportunities are therefore limitless in especially the commercial and industrial sectors.
- Human-Centered Research Methods in Informatics
- Social Dimensions of Science Informatics
- Globalization and Information
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Health Informatics Bioinformatics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum result of 65% is required for the preceding Master’s Degree.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R 9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.