Ph.D. Bioengineering students at University of Utah must complete independent research and advance the state of knowledge in the field. Completion of the research requirement is demonstrated by publishing three (or more) peer-reviewed publications as first author, as approved by the research supervisory committee.
Students must meet the requirements specified by the University of Utah Graduate School and the College of Engineering. In addition, students must complete the following requirements to be eligible for the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Bioengineering:
- Biomaterials and Therapeutics
- Cardiac Electrophysiology and Biophysics
- Computational Systems and Synthetic Bioengineering
- Neural Interfaces
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Microbiology View 191 other PhDs in Biology in United States
An applicant for admission to The Graduate School must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program
International125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
National125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State35280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1176 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.