The doctor of education degree in Health Promotion and Education at University of Utah is designed to prepare graduate students to perform at the highest levels of research, teaching, and administration in educational settings. The program goals focus on areas related to academic institutions including health curricula, topic expertise, teaching methods, and educational programming.
- demonstrate an advanced understanding of health promotion and education theories as it is applied to educational settings.
- develop advanced skills in health promotion planning and evaluation in educational settings.
- become competent in the delivery of health messages through a variety of classroom delivery mechanisms.
- become skilled in using advanced research design and quantitative statistics in addition to an understanding of qualitative research methods.
- develop an area of health educational expertise as indicated in coursework, dissertation, and experiential activities.
- be able to identify primary interventions that can prevent lifestyle diseases.
- identify positive health approaches to helping people change their behaviors.
- be involved in publishing and other scholarly pursuits during the Ed.D. experience.
- Content areas of expertise include, but are not limited to the following topics: 1) body image and eating disorders, 2) resilience and stress management, 3) integrative health, 4) emergency programs, or 5) selected populations (families, international populations, and others).
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 166 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
- A master's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
- A 3.00 or higher undergraduate weighted mean GPA (this is a calculation of the average of combined GPAs from all institutions attended).
- GRE score of 300 or higher on the combined verbal and quantitative sections and a 4 on the written portion
- International applications only: A minimum TOEFL score of 80 iBT (550 pBT) or better, or a minimum IELTS band score of 6.5 or better.
International125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 36 months.
National125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State35280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1176 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.