University of Utah particular focus is the characterization of macromolecules and biological processes at the molecular level. Biochemistry Research groups in the department address the structure of biological macromolecules, the mechanisms by which they function, and the possible applications to research technology and to medicine.
- Biochemistry Journal Club
- Biochemistry Research in Progress
- Laboratory Research Conferences
- Thesis Research: Ph.D.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 182 other PhDs in Biology in United States
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program
International125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 36 months.
National125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State35280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1176 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.