A Atmospheric Sciences at University of Utah supervisory committee should be selected as soon as possible after admission to the program. The committee consists of a committee chair and four additional faculty members, at least one of which must be from outside the Department.
A majority of the committee must be regular (i.e., tenure or tenure track) faculty and a majority of the committee must also be from the Department. Selection of the supervisory committee members should be made in consultation with the student’s faculty advisor. Selection of the supervisory committee membership is very important as the committee is responsible for approving the student’s academic program, preparing and judging the general examination, approving the dissertation subject and final dissertation, and administering and judging the final dissertation defense.
- Students are also required to complete and orally defend a Ph.D. dissertation. The dissertation must provide evidence of originality, an ability to do independent investigation, and it must contribute new knowledge.
- The dissertation must also show a mastery of the relevant literature and be presented in an acceptable style. After the oral presentation, which is open to the public, a question-and-answer period must be allowed.
- At the conclusion of the public participation, the supervisory committee will excuse the public and conduct further questioning on the thesis and related topics.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Earth Sciences Environmental Economics & Policy View 9 other PhDs in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program
International125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 36 months.
National125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State35280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1176 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.