Expected Learning Outcomes for Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Integrate nursing science with knowledge from ethics, the biophysical, psychosocial, analytical, and organizational sciences to provide the basis for advanced nursing practice.
- Provide, manage and evaluate care of individuals and populations using evidence-based concepts related to physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, as well as community, environmental, cultural and socioeconomic dimensions of health.
- Demonstrate advanced levels of clinical judgment and decision-making, systems thinking, and accountability in designing, delivering, and evaluating evidence-based care at University of Utah
- Develop and evaluate initiatives that will improve the quality of care delivery
- Analyze and communicate critical elements necessary to the selection, use, and evaluation of healthcare information systems and patient care technology.
- Advanced Pharmacology across the Lifespan
- Advanced Pathophysiology for MS Students
- Clinical Genetics
- Foundations of Evidence Based Practice
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Foundations of Health Informatics
- Health and Systems
- Principles of Health Care Financing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 135 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Verification of licensure as an RN or APRN in at least one of the jurisdictions of National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Three (3) professional references
- Professional goal statement
- Upper division physiology/pathophysiology prerequisite
- International applicant requirements
International23670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11835 USD per semester during 48 months.
National23670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11835 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State10338 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5169 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.