Adult/gerontology acute care nurse practitioners are advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) who specialize in the management of acutely ill patients, which includes stabilization, assessment of complication risk, and development of a treatment plan for health maintenance and promotion.
As a doctoral student in the Nursing Practice - Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Emphasis at University of Utah, you will:
- Develop skills to influence public policy through participation in professional organizations and health policy activities at the local, national, and global level.
- Take courses in evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and systems leadership.
- Learn through in-depth coursework in pathophysiology, acute care, critical care, pharmacology, diagnostic reasoning, and physical examinations.
- Participate in a variety of clinical experiences in the acute care/hospital setting.
- Advanced Pharmacology across the Lifespan
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Clinical Genetics
- Evidence Based Practice
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Health Informatics
- Health and Systems
- Principles of Health Care Financing
- Quality Improvement in Healthcare
- Masters Synthesis
An applicant for admission to The Graduate School must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration;
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program.
International18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9295 USD per semester during 36 months.
National18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9295 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State5260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2630 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.