The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) at University of Utah has mandated that the current level of preparation necessary for advanced nursing practice be moved from the master’s degree to the doctorate level by the year 2015.The Institute of Medicine’s 2002 report on Health Professions Education recommended strategies for restructuring all clinical education in the health professions to be consistent with the principles of 21st century health systems.
These recommendations stressed that health science students and all working professionals develop and maintain proficiency in 5 core areas: delivering patient-centered care, working as part of interdisciplinary teams, practicing evidence-based medicine, focusing on quality improvement, and using information technology.
The Family Nurse Practitioner program has two distinct programs available: 1) the Master’s to DNP program, 2) the Bachelor’s Degree to DNP (BS-DNP).
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics across the Lifespan
- Physical Assessment & Health Promotion across the Lifespan
- Advanced Pharmacology across the Lifespan
- Advanced Pathophysiology for MS Students
- Clinical Genetics
- Foundations of Evidence Based Practice
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Foundations of Health Informatics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 92 other PhDs in Public Health in United States
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration;
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program.
International125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
National125310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4177 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State35280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1176 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.