As a doctoral student in the Nursing Practice - Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Emphasis at University of Utah, you will:
- Develop skills to influence public policy through participation in professional organizations and health policy activities at the local, national, and global level.
- Take courses in evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and systems leadership.
- Have clinical experiences in a large variety of Neonatal Intensive Care Units (ICU).
- Assess and care for the critically ill infants in Level 2, 3 and 4 Neonatal ICUs.
- Complete the NNP track in three years, including two summer semesters. Click here for a sample Program of Study.
- Neonatal Practicum
- Neonatal Residency
- Advanced Health Promotion and Developmental Assessment for Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Adv Neonatal Assessment/Development Family Centered Care
- Neonatal Diagnostic Reasoning
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 142 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
An applicant for admission to The Graduate School must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0, based on all undergraduate work. If the undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, a GPA will be calculated on the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of the undergraduate work for admission consideration;
- Meeting the academic department’s admission standards, and receiving a recommendation for admission to their graduate program.
International18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9295 USD per semester during 36 months.
National18590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9295 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State5260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2630 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.