Journalism and Mass Communication from University of Oklahoma is highly competitive, admitting and funding up to five students per year. We welcome applicants from across Oklahoma, the United States and the world – particularly those with three or more years of professional experience in journalism and mass communication disciplines.
The program builds on a record of excellence in preparing master’s students for doctoral study, as evidenced by top-paper awards and paper presentations at national and international academic conferences in recent years.
- Research methods proficiency
- Conceptual Issues in Graduate Study in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Advanced Quantitative Research Methods
- Advanced Qualitative Research Methods
- Advanced Mass Communication Theory
- Approaches to Teaching
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 10 other PhDs in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- A 3.5 GPA (4.0 scale) in all previous graduate work
- Strong GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- A one to two-page resume
- A written essay of 1,000 words minimum detailing the student’s reasonsfor pursuing the degree and the intended future application of thedegree
- International students are required by the university to take the TOEFL and IELTS exams, with a minimum score of 79 on TOEFL and a 6.5 minimum on the IELTS exam.
International10020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 334 USD per credit during 36 months.
National10020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 334 USD per credit during 36 months.
$20,877 per year for international students
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.