Our faculty at University of Oklahoma is comprised of award-winning teachers, researchers, and practitioners pursuing active research in a variety of Political Science fields.
- As one of the most academically diverse, well-established doctoral programs in the region, our one-on-one interaction between graduate students and faculty plays a significant role in the intellectual life of the department.
- We offer a range of field specializations with faculty strengths in American politics, public administration, public policy and political methodology.
- Our students work closely with faculty, co-authoring publications through collaborative research.
- Faculty regularly supervise individualized research courses, coordinate lecture series, and facilitate special topic forums focused on political science trends and research, as well as guiding students in the process of professional socialization, including financial support for paper presentations at national and regional conferences.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 27 other PhDs in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Scores on the general test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Three letters of recommendation from persons in a position to speak knowledgeably about the applicant's academic ability.
- A statement of about 1,000 words articulating the applicant's specific preparation for graduate study, proposed fields of study and area of focus, and career aspirations.
- A writing sample. This sample should be a substantive piece of work that displays the applicant's writing, analytical and research skills.
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.