Students consult with their advisors to develop unique plans of study related to their professional interests.
- In addition to completing required and elective coursework, students work with faculty members on research, teach college-level courses, become involved in state and national professional organizations and present and publish their research at the state and national levels.
- Graduates of the University of Oklahoma Special Education Doctoral Program have become professors at universities across the country and internationally and have assumed instructional leadership positions in public schools, state departments of education, and other agencies.
- Students create a plan of study that includes core special education research and elective coursework, residency research, teaching and service activities, and dissertation research.
- Doctoral students who enter with a master’s degree typically complete the program between four years (full-time) and five-to-seven years (part-time).
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 26 other PhDs in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement
- Provide contact information for 3 recommendations
- Copies of all transcripts
- Official GRE results
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.