The program objectives and outcomes were developed and designed utilizing the NASPA/ACPA Professional Competencies.
We further used the competencies to develop the courses needed to transition professionals from intermediate to advanced competencies that best serve students seeking to work in leadership roles.
The Higher Education Administration program at University of West Georgia consists of 60 credit hours.
- 30 credit hours in content areas
- 15 credit hours in applied research courses
- 15 Credit hours in Dissertation
- History of Higher Education
- Organizational Theory
- Advanced Seminar in Leadership
- Critical Issues and Trends in Higher Education
- Analysis of Higher Education Literature
- Advanced Legal Issues and Policy Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Educational Research View 8 other PhDs in Educational Research in United States
- Official transcripts from all schools attended, undergraduate and graduate
- Writing Sample: In 2-3 double spaced pages, discuss with references a current issue facing higher education.
- Letter of intent articulating professional goals and reasons for applying to the program.
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Support from
- Interview with faculty
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.