About the Program
The coursework component of the Doctor of Business Administration programme of the SBS Swiss Business School takes place during the first year. Courses are conducted in the classroom in an intensive workshop model with face-to-face seminars. All courses are assessed by written assignments. The transition from the coursework phase to the research phase is by the candidate completing the set of assessed Research Proposals. On satisfactory completion of the coursework candidates enter the research phase where they undertake individual, supervised research projects. The output of each research project is a research paper of publishable style and quality.
The dissertation is submitted for external examination. Consequently there will be scope for requisite specialization within a general organizational and management framework. Graduates from the program are expected to make a key contribution to practice, so program work will relate to leadership, change and process management as well as research methodologies.
- Conceptual frameworks of practice knowledge and innovative approaches for business and management application;
- Extensive familiarity with the literature of selective specialist applied areas within the business and management field;
- Ability to link and integrate applied research to learning as a precursor to the formulation of vision, strategy and process leadership for corporate and business enterprise;
- Skills in applied research methodologies including literature searches, field research design, data analysis and the communication of research findings.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 24 other PhDs in Economics in Switzerland
- Copy of MBA degree/transcript or related Master’s degree i.e. economics, business (or to project management for the DBA in Strategy, Project, Program, Portfolio Leadership, and PMOs)
- Complete CV and work certificates indicating professional experiences and responsibilities
- Overall min. 10 years of professional work experience or min. five years of managerial experience required
- 1000-word outline of proposed research topic/idea
- English proficiency unless previous education was conducted in English
- TOEFL IBT 90, IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- Front-facing photograph, high quality in jpg/png/gif format
International18512 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9256 EUR per semester during 36 months.
National18512 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9256 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- Semester 1: CHF 10’000
- Semester 2: CHF 10’000
- Semester 3: CHF 10’000
- Semester 4: CHF 5’000
- Semester 5: CHF 5’000
Living costs for Kloten
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.