Internationally, the Doctor of Education is increasingly the qualification of choice for professionals in the field of education. It is particularly suited to holders of an honours degree with some career experience who wish to pursue doctoral studies primarily oriented towards the development of new knowledge through research and the application of knowledge in professional practice. Applicants with a masters-level degree with a research component are also encouraged to apply.
The core outcome of the Education program from Flinders University is that graduates make a sustained and original contribution to knowledge in education policy, management and practice through a major research dissertation and to develop an advanced understanding of politics and ethics of education policy, research and management. The emphasis is on leadership through knowledge expertise.
It is expected that upon graduation you will be able to undertake a variety of advanced professional roles in education and associated fields and to make an original and sustained contribution to knowledge in educational policy, management and practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Key Issues in Education
- Preparation for Research
- Critical Scholarship and Research Design
- Researching the Profession
- Research Project
- Educational Futures
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 12 other Masters in Education in Australia
CRICOS code: 024773A
Applicants must normally:
- hold an approved bachelor degree with honours class 1 or 2A from an approved tertiary institution or qualifications deemed equivalent by the University
- have at least five years’ relevant work experience in education or an education related area, demonstrating seniority and expertise in their employment context (eg state and national education departments or education-related human service organisations)
- be able to demonstrate commitment, innovation, and excellence in practice in their field.
International30000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 AUD per year during 36 months.
Domestic: Students who undertake a research degree are provided with a Research Training Scheme (RTS) place.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.