With its multidisciplinary approach, the Economics, Networks and Business Analytics (ENBA) programme of the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is unique in its deployment of a strong integration of concepts, analytical foundations, artificial intelligence and practical expertise, to educate the new generation of economists, scientists and practitioners with distinctive capabilities in analyzing, interpreting, and managing complex socio-economic systems.
Graduates will be trained to become researchers and decision makers in academia, policy and industry by integrating knowledge at the boundary of economics, statistical physics, computer and social sciences with the unifying language of mathematics and statistics. Close associations with a selected set of companies and institutions provide the opportunity to analyze relevant problems, motivating new analytical techniques from practical problem solving. Students are involved in the analysis of real world high dimensional data, in collaboration with companies and institutions.
Input and Output Profiles
This track aims at preparing researchers and professionals with a deep knowledge of methods and techniques for the analysis of big/high dimensional data in economics, statistics, management and different instances of complex systems. Perspective students should preferably have a master-level background in economics, physics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or in a related field.
The track is designed to prepare candidates for leading positions in companies, research centers, and institutions. Graduates from this track are currently working at leading universities, international institutions, research centers, banks, insurance and consulting companies, innovative startups and other private companies, with a focus on quantitative assessment and solution of complex problems.
- Advanced Methods for Complex Systems
- Advanced Topics in Econometrics
- Advanced Topics in Network Theory: Algebraic Concepts in Network Theory
- Analytics in Economics and Management
- Applications of Stochastic Processes
- Behavioral Economics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applications are open to candidates who meet the following requirements:
- "Laurea Magistrale" or "Specialistica" (according to DM no. 509, of November 3, 1999), or a four- or five-year degree (according to the previous rules of the Italian higher education system) obtained in Italy;
- Foreign degrees with a minimum duration equivalent to 4 years (full time). The 4-year duration should be considered a minimum but not sufficient requirement: the eligibility of degrees will be assessed by the Selection Committees.
- Knowledge of English language: Applicants are required to indicate their level of English.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
All PhD students admitted to the PhD are exempt from paying tuition fees, although they are still responsible for paying the yearly Regional Education Tax
Living costs for Lucca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.