At the same time, the Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage (AMCH) programme of the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca provides its students with both a theoretical, methodological and applicative training, disciplinary as well as interdisciplinary, and a set of competencies specifically aimed at the professional practices in the fields of cultural heritage.
The research based AMCH track is highly interdisciplinary. Alongside the consolidation and development of the traditional methodologies used in the fields related to cultural heritage as well as for the analysis of past and present cultural phenomena, processes, activities, and productions (such as Archaeology, History, Art History, Museology, Philosophy, etc.), the AMCH track proposes, on the one hand, the interdisciplinary expansion and integration of the range of methodologies and tools to be adopted (such as Cultural Heritage Law, Management, Economy, Economy of Culture, etc.); on the other hand, the track proposes a grafting, on these, of management and organizational skills and tools, also oriented by innovative methodologies.
Input and Output Profiles
The track aims at providing specific know-hows to prospective academics and professionals operating in the fields of culture and cultural heritage. Prospective students should preferably have an undergraduate background in the Social Sciences, the Humanities, or ICT related to cultural heritage. This track will enable graduates to access:
- Academic career in Archaeology, Art History, National, European and International Public and Cultural Heritage Law, Visual Studies, Philosophy, Economy of Culture, Management of Cultural Institutions and Cultural Heritage;
- Career in public and private Institutions, bodies and companies operating in the fields of the protection, enchancement, management and promotion of Cultural Heritage, analysis of Cultures, Cultural Productions and Cultural Heritage, promotion of Culture and Tourism, organization of cultural events, elaboration/implementation of policies for Culture and Cultural Heritage, management of innovation in the cultural sector, teaching and diffusion of research and culture.
- Advanced Seminars: Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage
- Advanced Topics in Archaeology
- Advanced Topics in Cultural Heritage Law
- Advanced Topics in Islamic Cultural Heritage
- Contextual Analysis and Individual Objects: Arts, Sciences, Techniques, Beliefs
- Cultural Heritage and Law
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- "Laurea Magistrale" or "Specialistica" (according to DM n° 509, of November 3, 1999), or a four- or five year degree (according to the previous rules of the Italian higher education system) obtained in Italy;
- Foreign degrees with a minimum duration equivalent to 4 years (full time). The 4-year duration should be considered a minimum but not sufficient requirement: the eligibility of degrees will be assessed by the Selection Committees.
- Knowledge of English language: Applicants are required to indicate their level of English
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
All PhD students admitted to the PhD are exempt from paying tuition fees, although they are still responsible for paying the yearly Regional Education Tax
Living costs for Lucca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.