We offer a a phd degree in Business Administration at University of Houston. All degree candidates must complete the following minimum requirements: 21 semester hours in the major field, twelve semester hours in the support field, nine semester hours in research, comprehensive examinations in the major field, an oral defense of the dissertation proposal, a minimum of 18 semester hours devoted to dissertation and research, and an oral defense of the dissertation.
- Prior graduate-level elective course work may be applied toward the required course work if approved by the student’s advisory committee.
- A maximum of 12 hours of prior graduate credit may be applied in total to the supporting field, major field, and research requirement.
- The major field is the area in which a student elects to take primary course work and to complete the dissertation research. Major fields are offered in accountancy and taxation, finance, management, management information systems, marketing, and supply chain management.
- A minimum of 21 semester hours is required in the major field, including a maximum of 12 hours applied from the elective courses in a completed master’s program. Each major field has at least three hours of research seminar, which must be included in the program.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration View 55 other PhDs in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A faculty committee within the department of interest will evaluate applicants to the PhD program on several factors, including academic achievement as evidenced by transcripts from each college or university the applicant has attended, standardized test scores, career objectives, research interests, and the department’s ability to match the student’s aims and the available faculty.
- Admission is a two-part process, meeting the technical requirements of the university and meeting the standards of the specific program a prospective student wants to enter. Enrollment in each program is limited, and meeting the university’s admission requirements is thus not sufficient. Prospective students are strongly advised to e-mail the PhD Coordinator for the program of interest for information about the program
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.